Benefits of Taking Breaks Between Washing Hair
By Rosie, Adored Salon, 630-613-9500
- Preserve hair color (how I preserve mine).
- Scalp oils have a natural protective quality that condition hair.
- Learn how to work with your hair.
- Natural oil buildup can give you more body and control of your hair.
- Save time!
Now, I am not saying to wait a month to wash your hair, but maybe wait every other day or every third day between washing.
- If you enjoy a messy, sweaty, intense workout; hit your hair with a blow dryer at the roots (or with a diffuser for curly hair).
- For those who need to rinse their hair every day, just rinse with water and conditioner, focusing on just the ends and no scalp).
- If you have a super oily scalp, try a dry shampoo or talc (powder). Adored Salon carries dry shampoo!